District Manager Trainee
Are you willing to go the extra mile to make a sale? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment where you are constantly challenged? And do you get a kick out of leading a team?
Then apply for the JYSK District Manager Trainee program! 💪
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The traineeship prepares you to manage multiple stores and offers you the opportunity to develop and lead a team.
In addition, you will become part of JYSK and work in a small, friendly team for a large, international family business. What does this mean?
- A close relationship with your colleagues
- Numerous development and advancement opportunities
- Customized training and mentoring
- Involvement throughout the organization
- Challenging internal competitions and a competitive bonus system
- 20% discount in all JYSK and Lars Larsen Group stores
- Invitations to team activities and to our annual staff party with all colleagues from JYSK Belgium
In addition, you will of course receive an attractive salary with additional benefits such as a year-end bonus, meal vouchers and hospitalization insurance. Eventually, as District Manager, you will also receive a company car with a European fuel card.
Convinced? Then be sure to read on!
THE CONTENT OF THE PROGRAM?
The training program lasts 1 year and consists of 5 midweek physical training sessions. After each module you spend 2 months in the store applying everything you learned during the week. The training takes place over 5 individual weeks at a nice location and is followed by all trainees. You will spend the night here with your colleagues as part of the team building.
During your work in the store:
- You manage and coach the team with the Store Manager
- You follow up the KPIs of the store and draw up an action plan for improvements
- You ensure a correct implementation of the new procedures and concepts in the store
- You bring positivity and motivate your colleagues to do the same: you sell our products with a smile.
- You ensure that the store always looks top notch
- You ensure good stock management
- You see the development needs of colleagues and provide them with the right training together with the Store Manager
The ultimate goal of the training is that after the traineeship you will be fully prepared for future challenges as a District Manager.
THE IDEAL DISTRICT MANAGER TRAINEE AT JYSK?
- Wants to develop himself/herself and takes responsibility in his/her growth and career
- Is a born motivator with a successful experience in managing and developing a team
- Wants to develop his/her team and ensures best practices throughout the organization
- Is a good communicator who can create a positive work atmosphere
- Is a role model by nature and likes to lead
- Can make decisions independently in a busy and dynamic environment
- Is stress resistant, keeps a steady mind and provides direction when needed
- Can prioritize and plan
- Speaks English and preferably Dutch and/or French
- Has a driving license
SEIZE YOUR OPPORTUNITY! Apply today!
Recruitment process for JYSK Belgium:
We process applications on a continuous basis. Do you qualify for the position? Then you will receive two tests (logic and personality test). Do we see a potential match? Then you will be invited for an interview where we will discuss your motivation.
We believe our employees are the key to our success. We have grown from one store in 1979 to more than 3,250 stores worldwide today. We are proud of the commitment and efforts of our employees and want to reward them. Therefore, we strive to provide development and advancement opportunities within JYSK.
JYSK's three core values - tradesman, colleague and corporate spirit - reflect what we stand for and what we can expect from each other. We build on each other and believe that everyone takes responsibility in the freedom we are happy to give.
JYSK wants to involve everyone, regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and experience. Together we ensure that, in our inclusive culture, every voice is encouraged and supported because a great mix of talents and personalities makes us a stronger team.
For more information, please visit our careers page.